Gucci Mane Says 'Trap' Remix Verse Is One Of Cam'ron's 'Hottest'


They're now both guest stars on OJ Da Juiceman's remix of "Make the Trap Say Aye. "It was a good thing," OJ said on the video set last week, talking about Cam'ron jumping on the record. "I been listening to him since I was coming up," OJ added. "He's been in the game, I'm just getting in the game. He's a well-known rapper. He's dropped good bars. ... It was a lot of fun working with my dude. It was a real good thing Cam'ron jumped on that record the way he did, 'cause [he] killed that thang."

"Cam'ron has a crazy style," Gucci said. "He killed the verse. It's one of the hottest verses I heard from Cam in a minute."

Cam'ron was supposed to be in the video, shot Tuesday, but he had a problem with his flight and didn't make it down to the A. In the clip, Gucci, DJ Holiday and Nicki Minaj are being chased through the 'hood by the feds, and evade the authorities by fleeing from different locations.

"The concept is just coming from being a street artist and making street music," OJ explained. "[It] was right up my alley, the best concept I could have ever come up with."

OJ is hoping the record will raise his profile on a national level.

"I've been working for a minute and the exposure has just been arriving, like, late 2007, early 2008," Juice said. "It's just a beautiful thing, I love it. I plan on making big, big music."

Gucci has his own set of goals too — he wants to go international.

"It feels good being back on these streets," Gucc said about his recent release from prison. He also said his time inside improved his skills.

"I think I'm more hardworking — I write faster, think quicker," Gucci offered. "I'm more creative, more clever. I'm a better rapper now. That time made my pen better."

The original mix of "Make the Trap Say Aye" appears on OJ's underground LP The Otha Side of The Trap ... , and he has a new album coming soon. Meanwhile, Gucci Mane has just started working on his next album and says it will be out this year, although no specific release date has been set.

No comments:

Post a Comment